Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

My mothers lost treasures: Fish Gratin

Do you enjoy fish? Iceland has an abundance of fresh fish for an affordable price.
I have been doing really good with my meal planning for January and I am trying to make fish once a week, or at least every other week.
Haddock has been our fish of choice but pan fried breaded Haddock gets boring really really quickly.

So I was very happy when I found a Fish Gratin Recipe in one of the folders I have inherited from my mum, there was already a cross next to it and a comment so how could I go wrong?

I have adapted the recipe a bit and used leeks instead of Onions and it is so yummie!

Fresh from the oven!
Fish Gratin
(serves 4)

  • 500g fish fillet
  • 2 medium leeks
  • 200g spread cheese (with herbs if available)
  • 200g sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons of milk
  • 50g shredded cheese
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 tablespoons mixed herbs (I have a bag of frozen herbs in the freezer but a mix of parsley, dill, chives would work well)
Preheat the oven to 180C.
Cut the top and bottom off the leeks and slice lengthwise up to the core, then wash out the dirt and slice thinly. Lightly grease an ovenproof dish and spread the leeks evenly, top with the fish fillet. Set aside.


Melt the sour cream and cheese spread in a skillet over low heat until creamy and saucy. Add the herbs and season to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment